PLAN-E is the “Platform of National eScience Centers in Europe”. The Platform unites the efforts of eScience organizations across Europe in order to strengthen the European position in the eScience domain. PLAN-E convenes at least twice annually.
eScience is loosely defined as the working domain between academic research and ICT and digital infrastructure.
- Knowledge exchange;
- Data stewardship and Software sustainability;
- Awareness creation through visible representation of PLAN-E;
- Education and academic positioning of eScience researchers.
- The most recent Plenary took place in Rome, 15-16 April 2019. Topics: Accelerating the EOSC, HPC in Europe and Cultural Heritage. See Program. Presentations all online (under “documents”).
- Scheduled follow-up plenary meetings: Sweden (October 2019), Greece (April 2020)
- In 2018, the PLAN-E Plenary took place under the umbrella of the IEEE eScience Conference, Amsterdam, in the form of a workshop.
- PLAN-E invited to present its view on the European Open Science Cloud at the invitation-only event on the EOSC in Brussels, June 12.